Data File Help Center
Welcome to the Data File Help Center!
Check out our all-new Rostering Assistant -
just in time for back to school testing!
This tool will fix common errors in your files and notify you of anything that needs
attention prior to uploading to the DataManager sFTP.
Schedule a Data File 1-on-1
Need some additional help getting your data files ready for testing? Now you can schedule time directly with our data file specialists. Before scheduling, please make sure you've run your files through the NEW Rostering Assistant to help avoid common issues.
Don't see a time that fits your schedule? Check back again soon -
new appointment slots open daily.
Roster File Overview Videos
These on-demand videos can help with rostering your students. Head to our main DataManager page for blank roster templates as well as FAQs and other resources.
We recommend watching the videos in the order they appear below, but they can be watched as needed for specific issues. Once you're done, please take a few minutes to fill out the form at the bottom and provide us feedback on improvements.
Use the arrows on either side of the videos to navigate the playlist. The total time needed to watch all four videos in full is approximately 35 minutes.
1. What Is a Location File? - 8:59
This video will walk you through the location file and
its relationship with the staff and student files.
- 0:47 - Location Reporting Hierarchy Setup
- 1:54 - Viewing current location hierarchy in DataManager
- 3:08 - Manually adding a location inside DataManager
- 4:21 - Export Current location hierarchy from DataManager
- 4:44 - Downloading Roster Templates
- 5:29 - File Best Practices
- 5:52 - Relationship between Location, Staff, and Student Files
- 6:35 - Filling out your Location File
- 7:53 - Additional Help
2. What Is a Staff File? - 12:35
This video will walk you through the staff file and
its relationship with the location and student files.
- 0:06 - Check to see who already has an account
- 1:40 - Search Existing Staff
- 2:33 - Manually Edit a current user
- 3:20 - Export existing staff
- 4:04 - How to download the roster files
- 5:11 - Relationship between files
- 7:08 - Staff Roles
- 8:27 - Filling out the staff file
- 11:39 - Additional Help
3. What Is a Student File? - 8:47
This video will walk you through the student file and
its relationship with the location and staff files.
- 0:35 - Downloading Roster Templates
- 1:07 - File Best Practices
- 1:48 - Relationship between Location, Staff, and Student Files
- 3:19 - Reporting Hierarchies by Grade
- 3:51 - Reporting Hierarchies by Homeroom Teacher
- 4:13 - Filling out your Student File
- 5:49 - Optional Supplemental Coding
- 6:52 - Location and Student File Relationship
- 7:50 - Additional Help
4. How to Upload to the sFTP - 5:04
Learn how to upload your files to the
Secure File Transfer Protocol site, or sFTP.
When you are ready to upload your files, please go to https://rpcftp.rpclearning.com/. Note your username is not an email, it is the username associated with your organization.
- 0:14 - What is an SFTP?
- 0:37 - Where to start with login information
- 1:18 - Logging in the first time
- 2:08 - Uploading Files
- 4:21 - Additional Help
Additional Videos for Your Data Files
Rostering Assistant: How to
Use the Rostering Assistant
This video walks you through how to use the *NEW* Rostering Assistant. This tool will fix common errors in your files and notify you of anything that needs
attention prior to uploading to the DataManager sFTP. Using this tool his highly recommended prior to uploading your files to the SFTP.
Rostering Assistant: How to Get Your Location Export from DataManager
This video will walk you through how to export your current location hierarchy from DataManager in preparation to use the Rostering Assistant. It is important to not make modifications to this file and import directly into the Rostering Assistant.
Barcode Services: Completing
Your Barcode Template
This video will show you how to complete your barcode files and order using our Online Barcode Ordering Website.
Learn how to:
- Request an account
- Locate the barcode template
- Fill out the barcode template
- Submit your order online