Data File Help Center
Welcome to the new Data File Help Center!
These on-demand videos can help with rostering your students.
Head to our main DataManager page for blank roster templates
as well as FAQs and other resources.
We recommend watching the videos in the order they appear below, but they can be watched as needed for specific issues.
Once you're done, please take a few minutes to fill out the form at the bottom and provide us feedback on improvements.
The total time needed to watch all four videos
in full is approximately 35 minutes.
1. What Is a Location File? - 8:59
This video will walk you through the location file and
its relationship with the staff and student files.
- 0:47 - Location Reporting Hierarchy Setup
- 1:54 - Viewing current location hierarchy in DataManager
- 3:08 - Manually adding a location inside DataManager
- 4:21 - Export Current location hierarchy from DataManager
- 4:44 - Downloading Roster Templates
- 5:29 - File Best Practices
- 5:52 - Relationship between Location, Staff, and Student Files
- 6:35 - Filling out your Location File
- 7:53 - Additional Help
2. What Is a Staff File? - 12:35
This video will walk you through the staff file and
its relationship with the location and student files.
- 0:06 - Check to see who already has an account
- 1:40 - Search Existing Staff
- 2:33 - Manually Edit a current user
- 3:20 - Export existing staff
- 4:04 - How to download the roster files
- 5:11 - Relationship between files
- 7:08 - Staff Roles
- 8:27 - Filling out the staff file
- 11:39 - Additional Help
3. What Is a Student File? - 8:47
This video will walk you through the student file and
its relationship with the location and staff files.
- 0:35 - Downloading Roster Templates
- 1:07 - File Best Practices
- 1:48 - Relationship between Location, Staff, and Student Files
- 3:19 - Reporting Hierarchies by Grade
- 3:51 - Reporting Hierarchies by Homeroom Teacher
- 4:13 - Filling out your Student File
- 5:49 - Optional Supplemental Coding
- 6:52 - Location and Student File Relationship
- 7:50 - Additional Help
4. How to Upload to the sFTP - 5:04
Learn how to upload your files to the
Secure File Transfer Protocol site, or sFTP.
- 0:14 - What is an SFTP?
- 0:37 - Where to start with login information
- 1:18 - Logging in the first time
- 2:08 - Uploading Files
- 4:21 - Additional Help
Additional Videos for Your Data Files
Location Clean-up Inside DataManager - 5:30
Is your DataManager location hierarchy complex or filled with previous locations you do not need? Think about conducting a Location Clean-up. This video will walk you through the steps you need to take to clean up the location hierarchy within DataManager, making future rostering uploads easier. Please Note: This can only be completed if there is no active testing.
- 0:36 - View your current hierarchy inside DataManager
- 1:20 - Location Clean-up with data files
- 1:37 - Export Staff File
- 2:01 - Completing Staff Clean-up File
- 3:26 - Uploading Staff Clean-up File
- 3:37 - Export Location File
- 3:59 - Deleting Locations from DataManager
- 4:40 - Uploading Location Clean-up File
- 4:55 - Uploading New Staff and Student Files
Completing the Barcode Template - 5:51
This video will show you how to complete your barcode files and order using our Online Barcode Ordering Website.
Learn how to:
- Request an account
- Locate the barcode template
- Fill out the barcode template
- Submit your order online